Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

On Thursday afternoon, we picked up Kenzi's visa, and then boarded a train for Hong Kong.  We spent the night at the airport hotel in Hong Kong.  Friday morning, we started the long flight home.  We flew 14 hours to Detroit.  Kenzi was a champ on the flight.  The last few hours, she got a little fussy, but we all were by then!!!

There was a family from our travel group in the row in front of us, and that was fun to have people to talk to.  Their son also did great on the flight, which may or may not have had something to do with Benadryl :)

While we were standing in line at U.S. Immigration, Kenzi threw up all over me and her.  Our friends quickly gave us some wipes and we cleaned ourselves as quickly as we could.  We made it through Immigration and Customs.  Then we had to go back through Security to get back to the gate area.  Finally, we made it through and once again, Kenzi and I changed clothes in an airport bathroom!

We had a 5 hour layover in Detroit and all we wanted was to just get home!  We finally made it!!!!!  Aaron and I aren't jet lagged at all, thanks to something called No Jet Lag.  I highly recommend it!  Unfortunately, Kenzi IS jet lagged, which means she isn't sleeping at night, which means her mama is not sleeping at night.

On Saturday, Kenzi was napping in her own bed (for the first time), so I decided to take a shower.  Aaron came running upstairs and told me that water was leaking into the dining room downstairs!  So we'll be calling a plumber first thing this week!

Tomorrow is Monday, which means we are back to reality.  Aaron is going back to work in the morning, but he's working half days for a while.  Once I get Luke off to school, I have a ton of phone calls to make for Kenzi ... pediatrician, cleft team, and Early Intervention.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are home safe! You left off a bunch of the important stuff though - like, what does Kenzi think of her new house and new siblings (and vice versa)?? Pics??? :)

    ReplyDelete