Today is such a mix of emotions .... excitement to go get Kenzi, sadness at leaving the other 2 behind, panic at wondering if we've forgotten something! Plus, I am not a good flier, so there is some anxiety there. I keep telling myself I'm looking forward to the 14 hour flight to Beijing because I can catch up on my reading and movies! We've both loaded up our iPods with books to read and some new music to listen to. Our plane has individual movie screens in each seat, so I will be able to watch what I want!!!
We are planning on having Aaron's mom and the kids drop us off at the airport curbside. I'm hoping that a quick good-bye will help all of us to keep it together.
Here's our itinerary:
Thursday, Dec. 1 - Leave for Beijing
Friday, Dec. 2 - Arrive in Beijing late that night
Saturday, Dec. 3 - Adoption Agency's Orientation and sightseeing amid a jetlag-induced stupor!
Sunday, Dec. 4 - Fly to Kenzi's province and get Kenzi!!!!!
Monday, Dec. 5 - Sign the paperwork to adopt her officially
Tuesday, Dec. 6 - Sightsee in her province
Wednesday, Dec. 7 - Sightsee in her province
Thursday, Dec. 8 - Sightsee in her province
Friday, Dec. 9 - Get Kenzi's passport and Fly to Guangzhou (the city where the U.S. paperwork gets done)
Saturday, Dec. 10 - Kenzi's Medical Exam
Sunday - Tuesday - Sightseeing and lots of paperwork
Wednesday, Dec. 14 - U.S. Consulate Appointment
Thursday, Dec. 15 - Get Kenzi's visa to enter the U.S.
Friday, Dec. 16 - travel to Hong Kong and fly home!
We will be blogging while we're gone, so stay tuned! Thank you to everyone for your support in many forms ..... financial, prayers, supportive comments, excitement for us .... it means so much to all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm tearing up for you!! Happy tears!! Have a wonderful flight!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I will most definitely keep you in my prayers!
ReplyDelete