Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 3 - 12/5/2011 - Fuzhou

Last night, we were so tired, that we all went to bed around 9 pm.  Of course, that meant we woke up at 5 this morning.  It could definitely have been worse, though.  At breakfast, we met the other family that is here adopting a little girl.  They are from the USA, but live in Italy.  They have a 19 month old son adopted from Ethiopia and their new daughter just turned 1!

After breakfast, we went to the Civil Affairs office to finalize Kenzi's adoption.  She's now stuck with us forever!!!!!  Then we went to a supermarket to get a few things .... snacks, toothbrushes because I managed to forget them, and drinks.

Then the rest of the day, we just hung out in our hotel room mostly.  Kenzi is doing great.  She has moments of sadness, which is totally normal.  She will not let me put her down.  Thank goodness for the baby carriers I brought!!!!!!  She wants to sit in my lap the rest of the time.  She loves it when I walk when I'm carrying her.  So hopefully I'm getting lots of exercise and losing some weight!

Last night, after we got her, she didn't eat much and she didn't drink anything.  We weren't worried yet, but today's priority was getting her to at least drink something.  Well, this girl can eat AND drink.  We just had to give her time and find what she liked.  She'll fit in well with Jacinda.  Both of these girls can drink an entire gallon of milk every day!!!!   For now, we're letting her drink as much milk as she wants. But that will need to change when we get home.  We'll start slowly and transitioning her to drinking more water.

Typing one-handed now, so I'll sign off for now.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! she is precious!!!! enjoy the rest of the trip and travel home safely.

    ReplyDelete