Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Update - Jacinda

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. Jacinda is in no shape to be out celebrating, so I'm home with the maniacs and thought I'd post while they're wrestling with each other!!!!

We think Jacinda has a cold. She is miserable, which is making the rest of us miserable. Her nose is a faucet, and every time I wipe it, she cries. She didn't sleep much last night. I'm not sure if that's because she couldn't breathe so well or what. I think the Tylenol with Codeine is disrupting her sleep. When she wakes up, she just cries and cries. So 2 strikes on the sleeping situation. Tonight, I think we'll try going with regular Tylenol and see if that helps at all.

Food - Poor girl is SO hungry. She just cries and cries. Today we graduated to scrambled eggs and she enjoyed that! At dinner tonight, she managed to spill her cantaloupe/yogurt smoothie all over the carpet and the cat. Poor kitty. He's going to smell like cantaloupe for a while because I am NOT giving a 25 pound cat a bath. Forget it!!!!! Jacinda is apparently a champion spiller .... there was yogurt 10 feet away in several directions!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Why are you giving her Tylenol with codeine? That is a narcotic. Who prescribed this to her? Have you taken her to the doctor to see if she has an ear infection? That could be the cause of her pain. Perhaps they can drain it a bit. Please do not give her Tylenol with codeine to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize it's a narcotic. It was prescribed by her surgeon. She had surgery 5 days ago. I am not giving it to her to get her to sleep. I am giving it to her because she is in pain. Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Sherry, hang in there!!!! I hope she feels better soon, poor thing dealing with this on top of recovering from the surgery :( Karisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karisa! Each day is a little better than the previous one!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete