We're still snowed in here! We're loving the snow, but not the ice. I (Sherry) drove Aaron to his brother's house this morning and the ice on the roads was pretty bad. The kids and I made it home just fine, but I'm perfectly happy to not drive again the rest of the day! (Aaron went to his brother's house to borrow a car .... Aaron's car has a flat tire and all 4 tires are really bad, so he is not driving it in this weather. His brother is a mechanic and is ordering new tires today.)
Jacinda's surgery is still on for this Wednesday, 2/3. We're not sure yet what time ... we'll find out tomorrow. I'm not really worried about the actual surgery. We have some of the best cleft surgeons in this country operation on her! I'm most concerned about the anesthesia part of the whole thing. I have heard that little kids sometimes have a hard time coming out of it.
Dr. Inchon, the plastic surgeon, will repair her palate and touch up her lip and nose a little. He said she will still have a hole in her gumline and that her nose would be the hardest part of the surgery. During the surgery, an ENT surgeon will take a look at her ears and place tubes if she needs them. We're fairly certain she will. She had a hearing test a few weeks ago and it showed that she has fluid in both ears.
We are very fortunate that Aaron's parents have graciously agreed to keep Luke and the dog for a couple of days for us. That way, we can focus on Jacinda and Luke can have fun!!!
Specific things you can pray for .....
1. That Dr. Inchon will be able to accomplish all he intends to so we can minimize the number of surgeries she will need.
2. That I will not have a panic attack! I'm serious about that .... I've had a few of them in recent history.
3. That Luke will not worry if we're coming back to get him. It turns out that when he stayed at Aaron's parents house while we were in China, he was worried that we weren't coming back to get him.
4. That Jacinda's pain will be kept under control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment