Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kenzi's Middle Name ........ Part 3 of 3

A few weeks ago, I was starting to stress out about Kenzi's middle name.  We just couldn't come up with anything we loved.  We tried to find a Chinese name, but nothing seemed right.  Several names we liked just didn't sound right as a middle name with Kenzi.  So I started going through baby name websites and we talked about names all.the.time.  Nothing.

I LOVE the name Lorelei, and as much as I love it, Aaron does not.  No amount of discussing it was going to make him like it.  So I dropped it.  One night, I was looking at a list of family names and the name Sarah was on it.  Sarah is a classic name that we like, but Kenzi Sarah doesn't sound right to us.  Randomly, a song by Caedmon's Call popped into my head ... I thought it was called Saralai - pronounced Sarah-lie.  Aaron wasn't home at the time, and I just dismissed it as a silly thought.

The next day, we were all in the car, and Aaron decided to play that Caedmon's Call CD on my iPod (I hadn't said a single word to him at this point).  Before he picked up the iPod, he said we could use the name Saralai, just like the song.  At this point, I couldn't believe he came up with that on his own.  He finds the song and we were both WRONG. The song is called Sarala.  So we had a good laugh and went on about our day.

The next day, I brought up the name Saralai again.  We had a very brief discussion about it, but it was mostly along the lines of .... wasn't that funny that we both thought of the WRONG name?  We chuckled and then got distracted by something.

Maybe later that day or the next day, I asked Aaron if he would consider it as a serious contender.  We talked about it for a few minutes and looked it up online.  Well, we attempted to look it up online.  It's not a common name at all.  In fact, I don't think it's an actual name!

One thing we like about the name is that Sarah is a name that's in my family.  Sarah is also the name of a dear friend of ours who has helped us a lot with this adoption.  She has written recommendation letters quickly for us and made things for us to sell at our yard sales.  Even though she lives across the country from us, she has been such a good friend and we're thrilled that part of Kenzi's name will remind us of her.

So her full name will be ....... Kenzi Saralai Wolfe.  There you have it.  The long awaited middle name announcement!  Whew!  My brain is very happy to not have to worry about that any longer.  Now I can focus on freaking out about our packing list!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment