Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Jacinda!

Jacinda turned 4 yesterday.  She walked around all day saying, "Mama, it's my birthday!"  We had a little family party after dinner and she had a great day.

Her birthday is a bittersweet day for us.  We're happy that it's her birthday and happy that we get to share it with her.  But we're sad that her birth mom and birth family don't get to share it with her.  I wonder if her birth mom wonders about the baby she had to leave.  I just can't imagine having to be separated from my baby and not know if she's OK.  In a perfect world, no one would have to be separated from their babies.  But we certainly don't live in a perfect world, so I'm happy that adoption is available as an option.  Lots of people tell us that Jacinda and Kenzi are lucky girls, but the truth is, we are the lucky ones.

Things here are pretty much utter chaos.  I had a moment yesterday where Kenzi was sleeping next to me and I could hear Luke reading a book to Jacinda.  It was rainy and cold outside, and warm and cozy inside.  The house was quiet, except for Luke's reading and I was so thankful for these 3 blessings God has given us.  We certainly don't deserve them, but I am so glad that God has entrusted us with them.

I'm so looking forward to Kenzi's appointment with the cleft team on Tuesday.  I'm so curious what the plan will be.  I'm ready to get these surgeries done and moving on.  These surgeries are not easy, but we trust our cleft team 100%.  I'm also looking forward to seeing them all again.  They are an extension of our family, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment