We're still waiting for our LOA. It's frustrating because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. People that have been waiting less time than us have gotten theirs. I know that once Kenzi is home, we won't even remember the waiting. But it's hard to know that your daughter is in an orphanage and there are so many things you don't know ... does she have enough to eat (probably not), does she have someone to hold her if she gets hurt, does she get to play and laugh, stuff like that. I really try not to think about it too much, because there's nothing I can do to change the situation right now. Once we get our LOA, I have our forms ready to send to US Immigration, so that's my part in the situation ... being ready once we get the LOA.
In the meantime, it's pretty much the same old thing around here:
1. We're enjoying our last 2 weeks of summer ... sleeping in and just being generally lazy. Luke is very ready for Kindergarten to start!
2. I (Sherry) have lost my college teaching job for this semester. My classes didn't have the enrollment necessary to keep them. So ... that's been frustrating, especially since we still need around $10,000 for our trip to China. We're trusting God that this will all work out. I am looking for other jobs that wouldn't require paying for daycare. So we'll see if anything happens.
3. When we're going - We're still hoping to go get Kenzi by the end of the year. As long as we get our LOA by October 1st, we should be able to do that. We have decided that we will both go and Aaron's mom will stay here with the kiddos. It will be hard to leave them, especially if we end up being gone over Thanksgiving or Christmas. But we know those are just dates on a calendar and we can celebrate another time.
4. Kenzi's Middle Name - We're getting closer to making a decision.
5. Packing List for China - We need to clear a space in our former guest room to start getting stuff together for the trip. I've been buying little things here and there as they go on sale so we don't have a ton of stuff to get at the last minute.
6. Jacinda is potty-trained!!!!!!!! It took a loooooong time. At the same time, I'm trying to wrap my brain around having a little one around again. Luke and Jacinda can do a lot of things for themselves, including keeping themselves occupied for a few minutes so I can take a shower! Life will change around here once Kenzi gets home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment