Wednesday, April 6, 2011

US Immigration Approval!!!!

We heard today that our I-800A Application has been approved!  This approves us to adopt a child from China.  Once we get matched with a child, we'll use the I-800 form to apply to adopt that specific child.  Now, we wait for the official Approval notice to arrive in the mail.

Once we get that, it will have to be Notarized.  Then, I will take all of our Virginia documents to Richmond to have them Authenticated at the state level.  Then, all of those documents go to the Chinese Embassy and State Department in DC to be Authenticated at the Chinese Embassy level.  Then, we add a few pictures to our pile of documents and send everything to our Agency for review.  They will review our Dossier, and if everything looks OK, they will send it on to China.

At that point, we can be matched with a child!  It may take 2 weeks, or it may take a few months.  We are definitely getting closer!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on my agencies forum.(we have the same agency, but I won't use it's name here. I don't like sharing this info publicly.) We too are DTC on May 13th. I don't really go on the forum very often. I wanted to post, but I am not registered yet and I didn't know how long that would take. e-mail me if you like tlwelling9@aol.com
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete