(The dates may not match up since we're 12 hours ahead, but I'm writing this at the end of the date in the title of the post. Sorry if that's confusing.)
Our flight from Norfolk to Newark was very bumpy the entire time. Fortunately, it was a pretty short flight. I (Sherry) am not a great flyer, but we survived, except for the claw marks in Aaron's leg!!!
We then had over 4 hours to kill in the Newark airport. We found some internet access and watched a few TV shows.
Our flight to Beijing was fairly uneventful. We each had video screens on the seat backs in front of us, so we could choose movies and TV shows to watch. The guy next to me watched all 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies with Chinese subtitles!
We made it to our hotel in downtown Beijing. Beijing is HUGE. The people have been nice so far. There is a lot of smoking here, so it's strange to smell cigarette smoke in the hotel lobby.
Our plan for tomorrow is to go see the Great Wall and the Olympics buildings.
Well unless things have changed in GZ there's a law banning cigarette smoking in the hotels. Not that it's heavily enforced but it gave me a legit oppty to give them the evil eye when they reached for the ciggy's in the elevator. And trust me I have a really wicked evil eye. It's very effective. ;o)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're there safe and sound! Anxiously awaiting "Gotcha" Prayers for good health, smooth travel, and loving attachment!
I'm so excited to learn that you are FINALLY in China to bring home your little girl!! I'm SO very excited to follow your journey.
ReplyDeleteRhonda/Ladybug Mom @ Se