Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Big Announcement

null

Yes, you read that right.  Luke is a big brother.

We got a phone call last Thursday night with a referral for a special needs little girl.  She is currently 15 months old and has a cleft lip and palate.  Her lip has been repaired, but the palate has not.  We have some of the top doctors with Operation Smile based here in Norfolk, and they assure us that the cleft lip and palate are fixable.  Our pediatrician, who specializes in international adoptions, says that her development appears to be right on track!

Our agency tells us we will travel to China in 5-7 months to pick her up.  We have named her Jacinda.  We have not decided on a middle name.  I think we are still in shock at getting a referral only 6 weeks after our paperwork was logged in with China.

Now we start raising money!  We will need to pay our agency very shortly, and then travel expenses in a  few months.

Without further ado ......  This picture was taken last October, when she was 9 months old.

null

We will be updating the blog hopefully more often now!!!!

Aaron, Sherry, Luke, and Jacinda

14 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you guys!!!! Can't wait to meet Jacinda!! Bust out the PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! How cool is that! Congrats and what a blessing you two are!

    IHL,

    Richie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hundred CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is wonderful news. We are so exited for you and can't wait to have an airport homecoming on behalf of your family.

    The Worthings (waiting for Isaac from Korea)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog's great!! Thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations and God bless you. Yall always looked like you should be playing as a foursome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! She is just precious! We are so excited for you guys and big brother!! May time fly and may she be in your arms quickly!!


    Stacy Petrin (from Meiming)
    leaving for Mongolia in 4 days:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri Mitchell (new to Meiming)April 2, 2009 at 5:37 AM

    Hallelujah! She's so beautiful. I'm so happy to hear this news

    If I'm this emotional about your referral I cannot imagine how I'll feel when ours comes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! We're just thrilled. The reality hasn't quite set in. it probably will when I actually start a To-do List!!!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. so Happy for you and the fam! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful news! We are so happy for you guys! I know that this has been a long journey for you three! I know Luke will make a wonderful big brother! She is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting....another BLESSED family....Does Cherilyn know you are adopting? Erik and Chrissy are still waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great site this scbusf.wordpress.com and I am really pleased to see you have what I am actually looking for here and this this post is exactly what I am interested in. I shall be pleased to become a regular visitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice site this scbusf.wordpress.com brill to see you have what I am actually looking for here and this this post is exactly what I am interested in. I shall be pleased to become a regular visitor :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. terrific site this scbusf.wordpress.com terrific to see you have what I am actually looking for here and this this post is exactly what I am interested in. I shall be pleased to become a regular visitor :)

    ReplyDelete